The Rising Sun Regional Foundation (RSRF) awarded a total of $241,378 in 12 new grants in the past quarter. These grants included:
• Up to $40,000 to Rising Sun-Ohio County Community School Corporation toward the purchase of bleachers and to fix a roof and HVAC system;
• $7,995 to the City of Rising Sun toward the development of a new website;
• Up to $4,000 to Rising Sun Main Street toward the purchase of a cooker for the Navy Bean Festival;
• $20,000 to the Ripley County Commissioners/Parks & Recreation to replace bleachers in the show arena and to pour a concrete pad for livestock projects;
• $40,000 to Napoleon Volunteer Fire Company toward the construction of a new fire station;
• Up to $40,000 to GinnFarms (Aurora) toward a matching grant to start up a USDA program called “Gardens On the Move;”
• $5,000 to Rural Alliance for the Arts toward the purchase of materials to build brand awareness;
• $5,000 to the City of Batesville/Batesville Beautification League toward the purchase of a new watering cart;
• $1,947 to Milan Police Department toward the purchase of printers and bar code scanners for use in police vehicles;
• $35,000 to Batesville Fire Department toward the replacement of a station generator;
• $40,000 to Oldenburg Housing Council toward major renovations to senior and disabled adults apartments at Meadowbrook Apartments; and[‘
• $2,436 to Ripley County Youth Soccer Club toward the purchase of nets, goals, and a cheese dispenser for its concessions stand.
Rising Sun Regional Foundation awarded a total of $953,052 in grants and scholarships in 2016.
The next grant application deadline is January 17, 2017. Grant applications are available at www.rsrfonline.org. You can submit grant applications via email at email@example.com. Please contact Jascia Redwine via email or at 812-438-4490 for more information.