The Rising Sun Regional Foundation (RSRF) awarded a total of $223,173 in 11 new grants in the past quarter. These grants included:
• $11,355 to the Versailles Volunteer Fire Department toward upgrades to its technical rescue equipment;
• $16,624 to Osgood Public Library toward the installation of an exterior electronic sign for the Milan library;
• $7,620 to Milan Community School Corporation toward the purchase of Lego Mindstorm sets;
• $35,061 to Sunman Area Life Squad toward the purchase of a second power cot;
• $20,000 to Ripley County Commissioners toward the purchase of a road broom for its highway department
• $14,790 to City of Rising Sun toward updates to its phone systems at all the city buildings;
• $4,841 to Ohio County Historical Society toward several items that will increase the security of the museum;
• $22,093 to City of Rising Sun toward the purchase of a new police cruiser;
• $40,000 to Rising Sun-Ohio County Community School Corporation toward items and projects that will continue to enhance the school corporation’s learning environment;
• $25,789 to Ohio County Sheriff’s Office toward the purchase of a transport van; and
• $25,000 to Rising Sun Municipal Utilities toward the replacement of meter reading equipment.
The next grant application deadline is October 15, 2016. You can submit grant applications via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact Jascia Redwine via email or at 812-438-4490 for more information.