The Rising Sun Regional Foundation (RSRF) awarded a total of $232,839 in 12 new grants in the first quarter of 2016. These grants included:
• $30,000 to the Town of Versailles toward the construction of a shelter house and restrooms in the soccer area of the Tyson Memorial Sports Complex;
• $10,000 to Ohio County Rescue Service toward the replacement of its Medical Emergency Response Vehicle;
• $40,000 to the Ohio County Commissioners/Ohio County Community Foundation toward the replacement of 911 equipment;
• $10,000 to the Ohio County Public Library/Ohio County Community Foundation toward the replacement of lighting fixtures from standard fluorescent lighting to LED lighting;
• $10,000 to Sunman Tiger PAWS toward the replacement of playground surface material at Sunman Elementary School;
• $3,000 to the City of Rising Sun toward support for the 2016 Indiana League of Municipal Clerks and Treasurers District Meeting, to be held in Rising Sun;
• $13,000 to Milan Community School Corporation toward the start-up of a preschool program;
• $28,000 to the City of Aurora toward the purchase of a bobcat;
• $1,839 to Aurora Little League toward the purchase of a commercial double door refrigerator;
• $40,000 to the Ripley County Community Foundation for matching funds for Lilly Endowment’s GIFT VI program;
• $17,000 to the South Dearborn Community School Corporation toward upgrades to its dugouts for the baseball program; and
• $30,000 to Otter Creek Volunteer Fire Department toward the purchase of turnout gear.
The Rising Sun Regional Foundation was created in 1994 by the City of Rising Sun, and is now funded by the Rising Star Casino Resort, owned by Full House Resorts, Inc., which makes monthly contributions to the foundation based on a percentage of its Adjusted Gross Revenue. To date, the foundation has received over $41 million in riverboat funds, of which at least 75% has been granted back to the community.